Channel 9 cameraman calls Australian Muslim a “fucking terrorist” and then his reaction is used by the media to portray “Muslim gets angry at cameraman”.
Look at this prime example of just how messed up Australia’s media is. Look at how desperate they are to fuel the xenophobia that’s sweeping through the country since the introduction of Tony Abbott’s new “Terror Laws” and raising the Terror Alert. It’s absolutely disgusting.
HIs voice is breaking because he’s fucking fed up with this bullshit and its no wonder.
The level to which the media in this country can (and does) influence the thoughts of the people is fucking terrifying. That they would go to these lengths to push their perspective… well I guess once you’ve gotten this far it’s not that surprising.
this event occured in 2010 and is not an attempt to fuel xenophobia in relation to the new terror laws and raised terror alert. however, there is no doubt that the idiotic (and yet, most popular) commercial news networks are attempting to fuel xenophobia, period. this is so unfair and I am so angry because no one should be treated like a second-class citizen particularly for something as ridiculous as ethnicity which is shown through their appearance. it is so bizarre and so illogical to characterise someone as a terrorist purely because of their surname or their religion. it makes me sick to my stomach.
"I won’t tell you that you’re beautiful. I’m sure you’ve heard that a million times, but I will say this, your smile is a house that I would like to visit more often, and your hugs feel like the home that I’ve been searching for my entire life."
1. If I could, I would nail these hands to the edges of stars. I would sacrifice this body to the sky hoping to resurrect someone spiteful enough to not give a fuck about you.
2. Staple me to a cross. Pierce my side with a broken promise and I will bleed all the crippled reasons why you deserve one more chance.
3. Your bed smells like the last thing I was really good at.
4. You wanna know how I got these scars? I ripped every last piece of you out of my smile.
5. I whispered you stardust.
6. I spoke you into sunflowers.
7. I dipped my hands in forever; touched you infinity; treated you as if you were the last molecule of oxygen inside of a gas chamber, I was good to you.
8. You wanna know how I got these scars? I swallowed my pride and it clawed its way outside of my mouth.
9. I realized I was never really your boyfriend. I was just your fucking hype man.
10. I hope your next boyfriend gets smallpox.
10. Yes I said smallpox!
10. I hate you!
10. I miss you!
10. I love you!
10. It’s hard for me to count when I get emotional.
10. I heard that 90% of human interaction is nonverbal so…
10. If I could, I would tie your arms to a daydream and then auction you off to my fondest memories.
See, I wrote this poem in my own spinal fluid; I put it on the backbone of a white flag so before you read it you’ll already know that I’ve given up. I’ll just keep you here, shackled to the most important chapter of my life story, pressed into the basement of my eyelids like liquid salvation so I remember you beautiful with amazing underneath your wings and an orchid smile, you gorgeous earthquake. You cracked hourglass with sand spilling from behind your ribs, you wasted my time.
How dare you linger on my lips and then kiss me like a stuttering apology with excuses stapled to the roof of your mouth. I still remember you like a dream tattooed to the inner walls of a long term memory but some days I wonder if you existed at all.
And of course, you wanna know how I got these scars.
Well fine, I’ll tell you.
I got these scars the day I fell in love with you.
"You see, I want that “my friends think I’m crazy” kind of love. That reckless kind of love. That “wake up early, make you breakfast” kind of love. That “crack open my life and say, ‘you gotta see this’” kind of life. Forget that shallow stuff - I want that deepest kind of love. That “I want to stay up late and tell you all my secrets” kind of love. That “every time I see you, I fall to pieces” kind of love. I want that “stand next to me” kind of love. That “you are my destiny” kind of love. That “no matter what happens, you always get the best of me” kind of love. That “you get my heart and my mind, this world gets the rest of me” kind of love. That “invest in me” kind of love, “because you already know that I’ve invested in you” kind of love. That “when you get home, upset you don’t have to say anything, I already know what to do” kind of love. I want… love."